iPhone patent ban overturned

ron22

Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
Ron Hammer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-23566422

Not is spin zone so lets not just bash Obama.
So what do people think of the ruling and the overturning of the ruling?

In another forum we are wringing our hands because a judge made some ruling that some of us disagree with involving a lake's runoff and where it should be allowed to go. In other words, the judge spoke so we are out of luck as far as being able to do anything about it.

It is interesting that Obama would have some ability to have power in this arena. I am not bashing him, it just seems unusual.

Mercantilism baby. Contracts, patents, better products all take a back seat to who has the best lobbyists.

Just another example of how poorly the US patent laws and associated system works with today's technology. I don't really know how it should be improved but the status quo sucks. The only good thing is that many other countries are worse.

Uh - the Administration did NOT overturn the patent - it said that the import ban was not an appropriate punishment for the patent infringement. Samsung is still free to pursue other recourse for the infringement. And Obama most certainly did not vacate the finding that Apple infringed.

My question is this: with respect to the allegations that Samsung violated the Apple patents, would the administration have lifted an import ban against Samsung?

Back