iPad2 32G w/ Bad Elf and accessories

LDJones

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
Jonesy
I have a black, 32GB WiFi iPad 2 that is 15 months old and comes with the following accessories:

-- Item (Cost) --
-Bad Elf GPS ($99)
-Extension cable ($6) (allows remote placement of Bad Elf if needed)
-Apple Smart Cover - Grey ($39)
-Kensington Protective Case for iPad ($20)
-AppleCare Coverage through July 2013 ($99)

Asking $395 or best offer. I'll pay shipping within lower 48. All major credit cards accepted.

No takers yet, so reducing price til it sells (or til cheap enough to justify keeping as a spare!)

Kit price: $375

I am surprised no one has taken you up on this. Wish you were selling back when I got mine.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Disregard.

I spent time looking hard at the iPad Mini yesterday which is what I had planned to replace my 2. But after looking at it, I'm going to wait for the iPad Mini2. Without the A6 processor and Retina display there isn't enough "there" there for the cost of switching. My Nexus 7 will meet the small form factor need in the cockpit and I will continue to use the larger display iPad for preflight planning.

Crap. I was waiting until Sunday to jump on it.:D
Disregard.

I spent time looking hard at the iPad Mini yesterday which is what I had planned to replace my 2. But after looking at it, I'm going to wait for the iPad Mini2. Without the A6 processor and Retina display there isn't enough "there" there for the cost of switching. My Nexus 7 will meet the small form factor need in the cockpit and I will continue to use the larger display iPad for preflight planning.

Crap. I was waiting until Sunday to jump on it.:D

Ya snooze ya lose!:wink2: since I do still need an iPad, I looked at the replacement cost of upgrading and it just wasn't worth it. This is still a great machine.

I spent time looking hard at the iPad Mini yesterday which is what I had planned to replace my 2. But after looking at it, I'm going to wait for the iPad Mini2. Without the A6 processor and Retina display there isn't enough "there" there for the cost of switching.

I came to the same conclusion... I'll probably get an "iPad 4" and stick with the larger form factor for now, though - I like the Mini, but with the A5X and no Retina display (especially when my iPhone and MacBook Pro both have one) I don't think I'd be happy with it long enough.

The guys at Hilton software (wing X) do lots of testing. They told me get the ipad 2 for aviation. They said the newer ipad overheats and shuts off quite often?

The guys at Hilton software (wing X) do lots of testing. They told me get the ipad 2 for aviation. They said the newer ipad overheats and shuts off quite often?

I wonder if that's true with the "new" new iPad? (iPad 4?) It was released so soon after the 3 that it makes me wonder if they didn't feel the need to address the heat issue. The 3 ran REALLY warm, especially if you were doing anything graphic-intensive. To obsolete it after just a few months there had to be major issues they addressed. I suspect the A6 processor is more efficient than the A5X in the 3, and maybe runs cooler as a result.

I'd be curious what the Wing X people say.

The iPad Mini I played with on Saturday was warmer than I've ever felt my iPad 2, and that has the same processor as the 2. Only thing I can attribute that to is less surface area on the back for the heat sink.

Full agreement on the mini... It should have had a high-res display from day one. Side by side, it doesn't look as good as the iPad 3/4.

Back