iPad problem: iTunes terms and conditions changed but no way to accept

gprellwitz

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Grant Prellwitz
When attempting to install a new app or update an existing app on my iPad running iOS 4.3.3, I get a dialog box saying that the Terms and Conditions have changed. I click OK, and it takes me back to iTunes with a large white popup with no header and just "Loading..." as the text. After a few minutes, even that text goes away, and there is no text and no controls available. Consequently, I cannot install up update any apps. I am on a WiFi network, not connected to a computer. I've tried cycling power on the iPad and shutting down all the applications, to no avail. Any suggestions?

With today being an Announcement Day for Apple, I'd suspect server side problems more than the device.

Might wait a day or so.

Barring that, there's always restore from backup.

Ugh. Takes forever though.

Could also try disassociating it from the Apple Store account and re-entering it too. Less of a pain.

Even less intrusive, hook it to iTunes via a cable and or WiFi and see if iTunes can straighten it out.

Nate, I think you're right. I tried again this morning, and the terms & conditions (all 42 pages:hairraise:) came up and I was able to accept them after reading them thoroughly!!:no:

Nate, I think you're right. I tried again this morning, and the terms & conditions (all 42 pages:hairraise:) came up and I was able to accept them after reading them thoroughly!!:no:
Just be sure not to use iTunes for nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons development! ;)

Just be sure not to use iTunes for nuclear, chemical, or biological weapons development! ;)

Wouldn't want Iranians listening to "The End of the World As We Know It" while hacking code for the centrifuges... might distract 'em. ;)

When attempting to install a new app or update an existing app on my iPad running iOS 4.3.3, I get a dialog box saying that the Terms and Conditions have changed. I click OK, and it takes me back to iTunes with a large white popup with no header and just "Loading..." as the text. After a few minutes, even that text goes away, and there is no text and no controls available. Consequently, I cannot install up update any apps. I am on a WiFi network, not connected to a computer. I've tried cycling power on the iPad and shutting down all the applications, to no avail. Any suggestions?

Upgrade to iOS 5.1?

Paul

Back