iPad Mini yoke mount for PA28

DesertNomad

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
DesertNomad
I have a full size iPad (the first Retina version). It is way too big to mount on a yoke, but I think an iPad Mini 4 would work ok. As I am starting my IFR training, it would be nice to have all the plates handy.

What is a good mount to get? Are there any that give me the option of mounting the iPad Mini or just a simple piece of paper?

It looks like the mounts are for the iPad Mini 2 - not the 4.

Last edited:
I have the Mini4 and I use the Ram mount. I have one for the yoke and a suction cup. I fly 3 different PA28's and I use them both according to which plane I am flying. Reason being, in one plane I mount it on the windshield, it doesn't block anything. In the other two it does so I use the yoke mount.

I have the Mini4 and I use the Ram mount. I have one for the yoke and a suction cup. I fly 3 different PA28's and I use them both according to which plane I am flying. Reason being, in one plane I mount it on the windshield, it doesn't block anything. In the other two it does so I use the yoke mount.

The Ram Mounts I have seen say it is for the Mini, Mini2 or Mini3. I know the Mini4 is slightly taller and thiner. How does it fit in the cradle plate?

I have the Otter Box Defender on mine, so I use the spring loaded cradle. Maybe mine is a 3? Its a year old, I really don't know. Ill check tonight though.

The Ram Mounts I have seen say it is for the Mini, Mini2 or Mini3. I know the Mini4 is slightly taller and thiner. How does it fit in the cradle plate?

Check the RAM X-Mount. No cradle plate required... But your mounting point will be the windscreen or side window with suction cup.

You can yoke mount it, but it will take a few extra components.

Attachments

• RAM-B-166-UN7_2.jpg
    RAM-B-166-UN7_2.jpg
    267.6 KB · Views: 10
Back