iPad iPhone questions

pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
I recently purchased iPhones for my wife & myself. The phones seem to share data and at times the phones will wind up with things from the iPad.

Some photos that were on the iPad wound up on my phone, but not on my wife's. Notes put on one phone wind up on both ditto for contacts.

Can someone point me to rules or an on line hand book to help me understand how this works?

How about a recommendation for a scanner app to decode those code squares. I got one at random but it seem to just load me up with SPAM.

Thanks

Paul

Red laser is a popular scanner app.

Are both phones and the iPad using the same iTunes and iCloud login? If yes, that could be the reason that something loaded on one appears,on the others automagically. There is a stetting that permits that. Purportedly to kill the need to manually initiate the d/load on the 2nd and 3rd device.

I recently purchased iPhones for my wife & myself. The phones seem to share data and at times the phones will wind up with things from the iPad.

Some photos that were on the iPad wound up on my phone, but not on my wife's. Notes put on one phone wind up on both ditto for contacts.

Can someone point me to rules or an on line hand book to help me understand how this works?

How about a recommendation for a scanner app to decode those code squares. I got one at random but it seem to just load me up with SPAM.

Thanks

Paul

Red laser and turn off cloud in settings

As others have suggested, the cloud syncing is likely tied to your Apple ID(s) if you're using iCloud, or Gmail or another cloud sync platform if you aren't. I would not recommend disabling iCloud, at least for backups, unless you like being tethered to iTunes for such purposes (or don't want to backup your device or data.)

Photos from one device are synced to other devices via iCloud, but only if you have Photo Stream enabled in Settings -> Photos & Camera. This is also tied to your AppleID, so if you and your wife are using different AppleIDs, then you will need to share your photo streams from within the Photos app.

JKG

You should definitely have separate iCloud accounts for you and your wife. That will ensure data isn't sync'd across both devices.

Back