iPad Battery Backup

CC268

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
CC268
Just wondering if you guys have any good suggestions for a good iPad battery backup? It looks like the Lenmar Mutant is probably the best one out there - but they look to be all sold out (I might just wait for them to come back in stock anyways).

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Just wondering if you guys have any good suggestions for a good iPad battery backup? It looks like the Lenmar Mutant is probably the best one out there - but they look to be all sold out (I might just wait for them to come back in stock anyways).

Any suggestions?

Thanks
I have been happy with my RAVPOWER backup. It has seen almost daily use and did very well for almost a year. While the indicator lights showed that it was fully charged it quit working 3 weeks before the one year warranty ran out. I sent the company an email telling them that it wasn't working and they replied requesting that I verify my address. After I did so they immediately sent me a replacement at no charge.

I have several external batteries for the I pad,use them mostly when boating. Not sure I would count on them for the I pad while flying. The twelve volt plug does it for me.

I really like the Anker brand. Easy to get off Amazon, attractive price and works great.

I have two of these

http://www.amazon.com/EC-Technology...3098671&sr=8-3&keywords=IPad+external+battery

I put one on each side of the cockpit in the map pocket and hook one up to my iPad and the other to my iLevil. They will last all day. I highly recommend them. I used them going to, during and returning from Sun N Fun. They worked great. You need to keep them out of direct sun though so they won't overheat.

Another vote for RavPower. 26800 mAh monster, charges one device at 2.4A, another at 2.0, and one more at 1.0 simultaneously and has a 2.0A charging input. Works very well. On sale now for $50, got mine on sale for $40.

A USB 5V outlet on the panel is hard to beat. I use two:
  • A charger in the cigarette lighter.
  • A PMA 450 audio panel provides one as a bonus feature.

Back