Introduction of a new forum member

Diana

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Diana
Hey y'all, I would like to introduce a new forum member. Her name is Linda and she and her husband are both student pilots. They live on a farm in Iowa. Linda is a positive person, very enthusiastic, and has fallen in love with flying. It has been my good fortune to have met Linda through AOPA’s Project Pilot program.

Linda, welcome to our community here at Pilots of America. :)

Hey, Linda! Welcome - and if you go into the Spin Zone, you need to understand that it's ALWAYS Airmet Tango there! Wear a helmet and keep your seatbelts fastened securely! :D

Linda, welcome to the asylum.

Best of luck to you and your husband on your flying. Let us hear how it's going!

Hi Linda+,

Welcome, feel free to discuss anything you want about almost anything.

You're lucky to have people like Diana and Tom to help you through the student pilot days. I trust them.

Joe

Welcome to the virtual family!

Good luck to you and your husband on your aviation journey.

Welcome Linda! Where in Iowa are you from? I was raised in NW Iowa but now go to school in Ames.

Welcome Linda. Diana keeps me in line. :D

A positive person , Well that will just never work. It's gonna be a disaster I just know it. WELCOME! :D

Welcome Linda and her second-in-command. ;)

Where in IA do ya'll hale from? I'm in Boone, myself, but every once in a while I head down to Red Oak for cheap 100LL. :D

Linda +,
RUN AWAY. You will get sucked into the world of pilots and never get out. Life as you have known before will cease to exist. Soon every event that happens on this earth will be followed by the thought "How will this effect my persuit of flying. You friends will wonder why you always stop in the mall/store when passing the TV displays and the Weather Ch. is on talking about this weekends weather. RUN AWAY
But even after you have been warned and you deside to stay WELCOME.
BTW does your husband have a name?

Welcome Linda and Mr. Linda! We have a number of husband/wife teams here, and it always makes things fun! I trust that Diana and Tom have already invited, nay, demanded that you come to the annual Gaston's get-together. On the remote chance they haven't, be sure to check out www.gastonsflyin.com. And you can count on not seeing me in the Spin Zone! It SCARES ME!

Welcome Linda. Diana keeps me in line. :D

Diana keeps all of us in line!!:D

Welcome to the blue board, Linda and Mr. Linda;) . You already know that Tom and Diana are good folks.

Jim & Mary Shawley

...ummm... so where *is* she?

...ummm... so where *is* she?

I think we might be scaring people off with these big "welcome" threads:

1) Ashley lasted 10 days
2) Rick Durden never came back
3) Linda hasn't appeared again
4) Neither has Rick from DSM

Hmmm.

I think we might be scaring people off with these big "welcome" threads:

1) Ashley lasted 10 days
2) Rick Durden never came back
3) Linda hasn't appeared again
4) Neither has Rick from DSM

Hmmm.
There could be something to this. No one welcomed me and I stuck around. :D

Dang truckers! Give 'em a 53' trailer and they think their pulling a hundred car train! :goofy:

Yeah, but you dang four-wheelers think it's a 10' trailer and can stop on a dime. :rolleyes:

At least I know I can wash my truck with water from Lake Michigan. :p ;) :D

Yeah, but you dang four-wheelers think it's a 10' trailer and can stop on a dime. :rolleyes:

At least I know I can wash my truck with water from Lake Michigan. :p ;) :D
Did you find that out when you drove the truck off the road into the lake? :D

BTW, I don't get in front of truckers witout first having had my signals on for a lengthy period of time or made eye contact with the signals on. I guess it goes that "see and be seen" concept. :)

As for everyone else, I have a lot of power with my little Jetta diesel so I can run away from the idiots trying to kill me!

We're SW of Winterset! Thanks for the welcome! POA will be just one more adventure to look forward to!

Yes, indeed, my husband is Glen! He's been soloing again after a 28 year absence from flying (5 kids and a farm). I watched him do his landings yesterday early and I'm proud of his abilities! He sets her down nice and easy! - Thanks for the warm welcome! And the warning-too late! I've been bitten by the av bug!

Love Leonardo's quote!
We are SW of Winterset, Iowa. Husband Glen farms, works the trades in the big city, flies, hunts big game and has the most adventurous spirit I've evern known!

Thanks, Diana for the fun intro! I look forward to a lot of fun here at PoA! And thanks for all your encouragement!

Hey, I'm new to all this!!! Not sure how to spread my wings here yet! But I do plan to show up when I can! I have dial-up at home (too far in the country to get DSL and wireless).

Hey, I'm new to all this!!! Not sure how to spread my wings here yet! But I do plan to show up when I can! I have dial-up at home (too far in the country to get DSL and wireless).
DirectPC Internet over the satellite 700K dn and 128K up for $60. Beats the heck out of dial up

Last edited:
Again, welcome Linda and Glen. I am somewhat new here too. I think it's more relaxing here than the AOPA forum.
Bill

Back