Introducing myself

NorCalSim

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
NorCalSim
Hi peeps!
New to the forum. I know you're going to ask so might as well get it out in the open. No, I'm not a pilot. Wish I could be due to medical problems, I can't be. Why am I here though? Well, love of aviation. My first flight was in a helicopter. Oh what a ride that was! Same day, we went to the airport and flew in a Cessna. When we landed, the plane caught on fire. I'll never forget that experience. The other reason, well my brother-in-law is taking lessons. He started a new business for pilots. I won't start advertising yes until I've made some posts and ya'll get to know me a little better.

For now, I just thought I'd say hello and take a look around and see what's on the board.

Hope everyone is having a great day!

keep on flying

Erik

Ha ha, ok, I live in Yuba City California. So on this airplane fire on my second flight, we flew around a little and when we landed, I guess there was a little crosswind so we were kind of flying sideways and then straightened up at the last second. I was pretty little, my dad in the back seat when we turned off the runway, I seen two people running for the plane with extinguishers. The pilot jumped out, I tried to do the same but the seatbelt was on and I just hung there. My dad pulled me back in by the hair then we got out. The guys had the fire out but the pilot was pretty much gone. I never seen him again.

thanks for the warm welcome people!

Howdy Erik!!! And welcome to PoA!

I'm not a pilot. Wish I could be due to medical problems, I can't be.

Are you also disqualified from Light Sport Aircraft?

Lots of good aircraft in that category, many of them are nice enough to make us regular category pilots drool a little bit. Sporty, Speedy, Nice to look at too!

Welcome! It seems to me I did one of my long XCs to Yuba City. Isn't that where someone buried a schoolbus back in the mid-70s?

FYI, Martinez isn't anywhere near Yuba City. Yuba City was where that bus was from, in the northern Sierra foothills. Martinez is in the Bay Area. That's over 100 miles.

So on this airplane fire on my second flight, we flew around a little and when we landed, I guess there was a little crosswind so we were kind of flying sideways and then straightened up at the last second. I was pretty little, my dad in the back seat when we turned off the runway, I seen two people running for the plane with extinguishers.

thanks for the warm welcome people!

Incident to bring back memories ---

for me, it was in a -135
and instead of "guys" with extinguishers, it was crash trucks.
-- tended to bring home the point to NOT ride the brakes!

Welcome!!! New here myself.

Also don't know if you're able to but the LSA Mike mentioned might be a great route to get back up in the sky no medical needed for the sport pilot license :thumbsup:

Are you also disqualified from Light Sport Aircraft?

Lots of good aircraft in that category, many of them are nice enough to make us regular category pilots drool a little bit. Sporty, Speedy, Nice to look at too!

Welcome, I am new here too, I am also from Northern california. Sacramento area to be exact.

Back