"Into Plane Fee"

Sam D

Pattern Altitude
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Sam D
Just looking at an invoice for fuel for our corporate plane. Jet A is shown as $3.22 per gallon. But there is an additional $1.49 per gallon noted as an "into plane fee". I wonder if we can avoid that fee somehow. :confused:

Just looking at an invoice for fuel for our corporate plane. Jet A is shown as $3.22 per gallon. But there is an additional $1.49 per gallon noted as an "into plane fee". I wonder if we can avoid that fee somehow. :confused:

Are fees subject to California sales tax? Might be a dodge to increase profit without paying the sales tax. :dunno:

3.22 a gallon for Jet A... :dunno:Even with the 1.49 added it is still darn cheap.:yesnod::idea:
What is the date on that invoice ? 1999 ?:idea:

On contract fuel,frequently the FBO is not selling you the fuel, they are putting your contract partner's fuel into the plane and they get paid to put it into the plane. The contract partner replaces the fuel to the FBO. The alternative is that you buy the FBO's fuel at their cost plus their mark-up. My current price is $4.99, cheaper than over half of the full service airports within 100NM and way cheaper than big city airports but still more than you paid.

Last edited:
On contract fuel,frequently the FBO is not selling you the fuel, they are putting your contract partner's fuel into the plane and they get paid to put it into the plane. The contract partner replaces the fuel to the FBO. The alternative is that you buy the FBO's fuel at their cost plus their mark-up. My current price is $4.99, cheaper than over half of the full service airports within 100NM and way cheaper than big city airports but still more than you paid.

Thanks. I'm clearly new to the corporate aircraft world. I have learned that AMU in this world has 5 digits instead of 4 (at least!)

So the $1.49/gal is what FBO sees, come rain come shine.

Into Plane Fee sounds like a flowage fee, charged by the taxing authority in charge of the airport.

Nope, that fee goes to me. Thanks in advance to all who pay.

A lot of airlines have fuel contracts with suppliers and don't buy the fuel from the FBO or airport. There is a separate contract with the fuel farm/operator/fueler to store and pump the fuel into the airplane.

Sounds like some corp flight depts have the same kind of deal.

Several resellers offer such an arrangement. Colt is one of the major players.
A lot of airlines have fuel contracts with suppliers and don't buy the fuel from the FBO or airport. There is a separate contract with the fuel farm/operator/fueler to store and pump the fuel into the airplane.

Sounds like some corp flight depts have the same kind of deal.

Back