"International Speedway Track" near BKF on sectional

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Found this - interesting? To what is the sectional referring to on the below snipped of the Denver TAC? I found something old and tiny on a satellite photo, but that can't possibly be an "International Speedway Track" nor something even worth mentioning on a sectional.

Is there something else there?

upload_2017-7-6_12-59-9.png

Found this - interesting? To what is the sectional referring to on the below snipped of the Denver TAC? I found something old and tiny on a satellite photo, but that can't possibly be an "International Speedway Track" nor something even worth mentioning on a sectional.

Is there something else there?
Just an open field. The old racetrack shows up on google maps satellite view. A little googling turns up some more info. The big oval was never finished. It was a 3/8 mile oval and 1/4 mile strip called Century 21 Speedway.

A warehouse/transport hub is under construction just south of the old track.

How long have you lived in Denver ? I remember the racetrack from back in the late 80's when I flew missions out of Buckley.

It shows on Google Earth.
iCAyUtk.jpg

I am more concerned with the plane on the ground in the lower right corner....

And it is sad to see a closed race track.

... and what, pray, is an "objectional" private strip????

... and what, pray, is an "objectional" private strip????
Airspace problem. The FAA doesn't regulate private airstrips so all they can do is say it is objectionable from an airspace point of view.

"""""What does "OBJECTIONABLE" stand for on VFR Charts?
The type "OBJECTIONABLE" associated with an airport symbol indicates that an objectionable airspace determination has been made for the airport per FAA Order JO 7400.2 Section 4, Airport Charting and Publication of Airport Data. Objectionable airspace determinations can be based upon a number of factors including conflicting traffic patterns with another airport, hazardous runway conditions, or natural or man-made obstacles in close proximity to the landing area. FAA Regional Airports Offices are responsible for airspace determinations. Address any challenges to objectionable airspace determinations to your FAA Regional Airports Office."""""

There also used to be the remains of a WWII POW camp a little south of where the Aurora Resevoir is now.

Interesting. I found the remnants of Century 21 Speedway but figured it's quite small. Certainly not what I'd consider to be an "International speedway track."

That's about on par with where I race, except it was paved and had a figure 8 format.

Back