Interesting ratio

Dean

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Dean
I was having a conversation the other day with a fellow pilot about how more pilots were going experimental. So out of curiosity, I checked the FAA data base and found there are 22 aircraft registered in my county, out of the 22, 9 are experimental. If I was able to count all the Ultralights that are not registered, I could probably add 10 more. The highest number of certain experimental types go to the RV club, 1 RV10, 1 RV7, 1 RV6 and 1 RV8.

I was having a conversation the other day with a fellow pilot about how more pilots were going experimental. So out of curiosity, I checked the FAA data base and found there are 22 aircraft registered in my county, out of the 22, 9 are experimental. If I was able to count all the Ultralights that are not registered, I could probably add 10 more. The highest number of certain experimental types go to the RV club, 1 RV10, 1 RV7, 1 RV6 and 1 RV8.

I checked one zip code near my airport and found the experimentals were about 20% of the total excluding helicopters and turbine powered airplanes.

I believe the current % is just under one out of every four piston GA planes in the air are experimental.....:blueplane:

Back