Interesting insurance policy clauses...

denverpilot

Tied Down
Display Name

Display name:
DenverPilot
Just reading through our insurance policy and thought I'd share...

"Reimbursement of emergency expenses. We will reimburse you for expenses incurred for the use of foam on a runway or your aircraft, or for fire, crash control and rescue. But we won’t pay more than $10,000 in any one occurrence. We will also reimburse you for expenses incurred by you for search and rescue operations which have been initiated by you and which have the prior approval of the Aviation Managers, but only after search and rescue operations have been discontinued by the governmental authority in charge of these operations. But we won’t pay more than $25,000 in any one occurrence."

There's still a Y2K computer clause attached to it, saying they won't cover anything related to that, except for the passengers injured. :)

There's also the new clauses regarding terrorism and "coercion of the Government of the United States". That one is interesting since the coverage extends to some other countries, and the exclusion doesn't say things used to terrorize the government of Mexico, aren't covered -- for example. Oops. Lawyer goof.

The Emergency Landing clause is interesting...

"Emergency landing. If a pilot shown on the Coverage Summary Page is forced to make an emergency landing away from an airport and there is no physical damage to your aircraft, we will pay the cost of transporting your aircraft to an airport nearest the forced landing site, by the least expensive means. But we won't pay more than the limit of “Your Aircraft Physical Damage Coverage.”"

Good to know.

This one is interesting...

"If a passenger covered under your Voluntary Settlement Coverage suffers an injury which is not covered, but which completely and continuously prevents that passenger from performing any or all of his or her job duties, we will offer to make the following payments:
1. If a passenger suffers such an injury, we will offer to pay either eighty percent (80%) of his or her average weekly salary, including bonuses and commissions for the year preceding the occurrence, or $500 per week for fifty-two (52) consecutive weeks, whichever is less.
2. If the passenger still cannot perform any or all of his or her job duties after we have made our fifty-second (52nd) payment, we will pay the amount shown for “Each Passenger” under your “Voluntary Settlement” Limits of Coverage shown on the Coverage Summary Page. The total amount of all weekly payments we made will be deducted from this figure."

Also a big section on how they won't cover anything related to "pollution or contamination" or even the "fear of" that. 100LL... yeah.

Heh, another minor nit-pick...

"Any pilot holding an FAA Private or Commercial Pilot Certificate who has logged a minimum of 500 hours as Pilot in Command, at least 10 hours of which have been logged in a(n) Cessna 182."

I guess ATP's can't fly our airplane. :rofl:

And my favorite... Liability Claims We Won't Cover...

"Intentional injury. We won't cover claims for intentional injuries or property damage caused by you or any other person or organization at your or their direction, except to prevent dangerous interference with the operation of an aircraft."

Yup, interfere with me flying the airplane and I can beat you up and have liability coverage for same. :rofl:

Back