Intercom Suggestions

teethdoc

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
teethdoc
I have an original KMA audio panel with marker beacon. It's only one place. I've been using a battery operated PSE that works, but a hassle to make sure battery is charged, and lots of extra wires.

Any suggestions on an intercom system? I'm not trying to break the bank, but don't want junk either. The mechanic said check out Sigtronics.

Any interest in upgrading the entire audio panel? Perhaps with a PSE8000BT?

Yes, it "oversolves" your intercom problem, but boy does it oversolve it in spades with lots of features you'll wonder why you waited to upgrade.

How much would that run me ? ;(

Aircraft Spruce shows $1800.00 for the unit. But your avionics shop will need something something to install it.

This solves both audiopanel woes and the intercom question.

But if you want to stay with just intercom, our club has the PSE PM1000 in the Skylane and it works well and we're very happy with that.

Yes, the PS Engineering audio panel is the best. Either the seperate unit or the one built into their audio panel depending on what you need. I wish I'd had put in the PSE unit rather than the *#@&@! unsupportable Garmin unit I've got.

Another vote for the PS Engineering 8000BT unit. I upgraded from a kma and portable like you have. I was very impressed with the improvement in the audio quality. Not having to deal with a portable ever again is quite nice as well. I considered saving some money and not getting a BT model, but I am glad I went for the BT model because it has been nice for picking up clearances and canceling ifr when I can't pick up center on the ground.

+1 for PS Engineering. I have the PAR100EX. It solved my intercom and radio problems with one unit. I thought I would never use the Bluetooth but it has been surprisingly handy.

Sigtronics makes the best intercom on the market. I have used them in all of my airplanes and they work flawlessly in high noise environments. Pitts, SNJ, RV7, CJ6, Super Cub. Just put one in my friend's N3N open cockpit biplane and another in a C 140. You set the squelch and volume on the first flight and rarely have to adjust them again. And they won't break the bank. Don

Another vote for the PS Engineering 8000BT unit. I upgraded from a kma and portable like you have. I was very impressed with the improvement in the audio quality. Not having to deal with a portable ever again is quite nice as well. I considered saving some money and not getting a BT model, but I am glad I went for the BT model because it has been nice for picking up clearances and canceling ifr when I can't pick up center on the ground.

+1 you are going to spend more on the install almost. It is a relatively cheap product cost.

Back