Intellicast forecast accuracy

CJones

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
uHaveNoIdea
Anybody have experience with Intellicast.com's forecasting accuracy? I've never used the site for more than general temp/rain forecasts, but it appears that they attempt to tell you potential cloud cover percentage, temp, dewpoint, precip chance percentage, etc. on an hourly basis.

I understand that their info is an educated guess at best, but I'm curious how accurate their guessers are.

so are you looking for the forecast that is going to be right or the one that tells you you can make it to Sidnaw this weekend? :D

so are you looking for the forecast that is going to be right or the one that tells you you can make it to Sidnaw this weekend? :D

Let's just say "I'm shopping around for one that fits me". :D

ha! well if you end up having to divert to wichita let me know. supposed to be windy sunday (20G30) and monday (30G40).

While Intellicast forecasts are never perfect, I would have to say they are one of the better weather forecast sources and generally what I use for long range forecasting.

Let's just say "I'm shopping around for one that fits me". :D

Aww heck, I can help you there.

The Ted-U-Weather Forecast:

You'll be just fine*.

*Ted-U-Weather accepts no liability for the accuracy of our forecasts. There might actually be a hurricane. Or a volcano. Or both. You never know, and neither do we. Don't listen to us. We don't. ;)

I have looked at their hourly stuff for the past few summers looking for cloud coverage (yes or no) when planning watersports on the boat with finicky kids. I would have to say they are a solid better than average.

<SNIP>Of course you don't want to necessarily take the NDFD too seriously either...they are forecasting FZRA for Galinburg, TN tonight at 9 pm...given a temperature forecast of 68°F, I somehow doubt it...
It's ice-nine FZRA.

Back