Integrating a/c parts into household decor

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
I thought these were excellent examples of the wondrous uses of a red-tagged airplane part... this is $30,000 of carefully machined steel - all one piece - from the Citation engine which I have artfully melded into my home's interior design...
for some strange reason my wife is giving me the 'furrowed brow look' over it. Can you help me explain how a second stage compressor section really spruces up the appearance of this table setting?

Thats a great use! Where do you find red tagged stuff cheap?

It was a part off the Williams engine that the mechanic gave me this week. Apparently the company changed out all the compressor stages because of blade cracking; the new ones have a slightly different shape to them which mitigates this likelihood. Its a beautiful piece of metal. Hard to imagine how a 'propellor' that tiny can propell 10000# of airplane around. The blades are hardly 1.5" in length.

Dave, first prize goes to you in the Most Imaginative Subject Line category! Guacamole! LOL. That's the first thing I read today.

Maybe Alton Marsh wants to do an article???? I'll bet there are a lot of great examples of a/c home decor, and certainly an audience who will want to read about them.

Let'sgoflying! said:
I thought these were excellent examples of the wondrous uses of a red-tagged airplane part... this is $30,000 of carefully machined steel - all one piece - from the Citation engine which I have artfully melded into my home's interior design...
for some strange reason my wife is giving me the 'furrowed brow look' over it. Can you help me explain how a second stage compressor section really spruces up the appearance of this table setting?

Beautiful!

I have some pistons I want to arrange artfully and put a sheet of 1/2" glass over to make a coffee table.

Some people hang a horse shoe over the entrance to their workshops. My dad hung a pranged Cherokee prop over the door to his little backyard shed.
He's got a piston of some kind from way back sitting on a mantle.

I have a remove before flight banner hanging over the edge of the shelf that has my flight gear and a handheld radio sitting on top of my stereo speaker. Little toy airplanes of various sorts are everywhere.

Well the compressor stg got kicked out, its relegated to the workshop. I tried.
I think its beautiful. I would like to see how they make them from one block of metal to within thousandths of an inch with all those tight turns and precise shapes.

Back