Insurance

JohnWF

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
John at Salida
I lease ground upon which my owned hangar is located. My age is 84 years.
I asked my insurance broker (not in motion, and hangar use liability policy) for an estimate of cost adding passenger coverage. Their reply; my present carrier won't issue passenger coverage due to my age.

Are you in this age bracket, and if so, can you get passenger coverage, and roughly, roughly, what does it cost you?

My only real need is premises coverage to satisfy municipal airport owner's requirement - I have that from World.

Your comments. Thanks.

Put another pilot on the policy,then fly the aircraft under the open pilot provision.

Put another pilot on the policy,then fly the aircraft under the open pilot provision.
That sounds rather like fraud to me, but I could be wrong. I strongly suggest consultation with an attorney familiar with that branch of the law before doing that, since you might find you've voided your coverage.

Was getting a quote from my agent today for a possible new plane. He mentioned some underwriters won't write form folks in 70s and older. He said they have a handful which do, but cost is quite a bit more.

Jim R
Collierville, TN

N7155H--1946 Piper J-3 Cub
N3368K--1946 Globe GC-1B Swift

Back