Insurance time

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
Thanks Aviation Insurance Resources ......
biggrin.gif

Just got my updated quote for this year and my aviation insurance went down $69. Woo Hoo....at 6.09 a gallon for 100 LL that buys me 11.3 gallons!

last year $812
This Year $743

Wow, I just got mine back and it went up. Something about accident rate with Velocitys increasing. As much as I hated doing it I hate to drop hull coverage on the aircraft. I'm going with the belief that if the aircraft is written off as a total loss, I'll probably be dead anyway.

Last edited:
We shall see what happens with mine in the winter, dropped 600 bux last renewal due to lower rates and reducing the hull coverage to a more realistic number.

Wow, I just got mine back and it went up. Something about accident rate with Velocitys increasing. As much as I hated doing it I hate to drop hull coverage on the aircraft. I'm going with the belief that if the aircraft is written off as a total loss, I'll probably be dead anyway.

Bummer. I always thought velos were cool. First noticed them in 1992:goofy:

We increase our hull value on the 310 (new avionics plus impending new engines) and the premium went down. Nifty! :)

We increase our hull value on the 310 (new avionics plus impending new engines) and the premium went down. Nifty! :)

I wonder how that worked. What was the breakout between hull value and liability? Pre and post?

Thanks Aviation Insurance Resources ......
biggrin.gif

Just got my updated quote for this year and my aviation insurance went down $69. Woo Hoo....at 6.09 a gallon for 100 LL that buys me 11.3 gallons!

last year $812
This Year $743

Those guys are great. Chris will work his butt off for you. Top notch people.

I wonder how that worked. What was the breakout between hull value and liability? Pre and post?

Not sure, I don't have the numbers handy.

I've been with the same company for over 3 years with the Aztec and this is the third year with the 310. I know that they have me in their lowest risk category at the pilot level (at least, that's what they tell me). I'm not sure if there's some loyalty discount or the like. When I like the number they give me, I don't question too much.

Back