Insulin Treated Non-CGM Re-certification Protocol

si-pilot

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
si-pilot
Question for the group or maybe just our resident SI knowledgable AMEs.

I submitted my initial certification docs to the FAA about a month ago, so I haven't actually been issued my SI yet, but I know I am supposed to continue seeing my endo every 3 months.

The issue is I'm due for my 3 month evaluation but my "treating physician" cancelled on me last minute and is on leave and won't be back until April (I wasn't told why, I'm assuming death in the family or they had a child).

At 3-month intervals, the airman must be evaluated by the treating physician. This evaluation must include a general physical examination, review of the interval medical history, and the results of a test for glycosylated hemoglobin concentration. The physician must review the record of the airman's daily blood glucose measurements and comment on the results. The results of these quarterly evaluations must be accumulated and submitted annually unless there has been a change. (See No. 1 above - If there has been a change the individual must report the change(s) to the FAA and wait for an eligibility letter before resuming flight duties).

What should I do in this situation? Are these evaluations mandatory for the entire period until my SI is issued? or are they only mandatory once the SI is issued?

I do already have appointments for the rest of the year in June, September and December. Some may say just schedule an appointment in April and start the quarterly checkins from there but my Dr books out months in advanced (currently booking out in August).

I do have an appointment setup with an alternative endo but also not sure if that appointment will be sufficient since they're not my "treating physician", didn't write my initial comprehensive report and are not familiar with my medical history.

Back