Instrument Ticket.......

Rudy

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
Rudy
I am under way.

Yesterday,
Grandpa and I took the 182 and I had about 1.1 under the hood. I shot an ILS at JLN and then came back to PTS and shot two GPS approaches to Runway 16.
I really enjoyed the whole experience of the approaches!
I have a lot to learn, but at least it is under way.

Best,

Make sure that you not shoot approaches but also get some good time doing atitude flying under the hood. Being able to fly straight and level, timed turns, climbs, decents, unusual atitudes, etc. will help more than you can imagine.

Approaches will be that much easier when you really know what the airplane is going to do. I would really recomend that your next flight you do this instead of any approaches.

Good job though!!

Sorry,
I should have said before, but I have done a lot of those things.

I made it sound like this was my first instrument lesson, and didn't mean too.

Thanks for the advice though!

Thanks for clearing that up Rudy. I was surprised that you'd be doing approaches on your first lesson. There are many things to accomplish before going down the glideslope. Although, the approaches were the funnest part of the instrument training.

I'm about 1/2 way through.

I had trouble with the ILS until my instructor flew one under the hood while I played safety pilot. I was able to see what he did and the effect that it had outside the airplane. That broke the logjam.

Your mileage may vary.

... for me, it was all about trim, trim, trim (to perfection) on every power/attitude change, and to use the Attitude Indicator to the fullest in transitions. Makes the rest so much easier. And staying at least two steps ahead, of course. :yes:

Rudy is in an aviation family. I'm sure he's witnessed several hours of instrument flight.

Rudy, enjoy it. IFR flying is mostly mental. It sure ain't muscle.

Thanks for all of the feedback everyone!

I will keep everyone updated as I continue with the training!

Thanks again,

Back