Instrument finish up

N2124v

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
N2124V
One of my goals this year is to finish my instrument rating. I have been working on it for years and I think I need to just buckle down and make a plan. My written has expired, but I am already working on studying for that again. I have 10 hours in a sim, 3 hours actual, and about 30 under the hood. I wish I had more actual, but where I used to live, if we had actual, it usually had hail and other stuff coming out of it.

Anyone have ideas? My time frame will probably mid-may.

Evidentally "Jesse" can get you done real quick. He's one of the moderators and is in NE.

One of my goals this year is to finish my instrument rating. I have been working on it for years and I think I need to just buckle down and make a plan. My written has expired, but I am already working on studying for that again. I have 10 hours in a sim, 3 hours actual, and about 30 under the hood. I wish I had more actual, but where I used to live, if we had actual, it usually had hail and other stuff coming out of it.

Anyone have ideas? My time frame will probably mid-may.

You have two outstanding resources right here at PoA-

(1) Ron Levy is part of the cadre of excellent instructors deployed by PIC ( http://www.iflyifr.com/ ), and they come to your locale, force-feed a ten day instrument rating, assuming the pilot is capable.

(2) As noted above, our friend and forum demigod Jesse Angell (with a name like that, you have to fly, right?) is a CFI, and you can go to his neck of the woods, Lincoln, NE, and bang it out there. He has assisted several members in this way already. ( www.angellaviation.com )

I have flown with Jesse as an instructor, have a very high opinion of his skills, his professionalism and his instructing style. While I have not flown with Ron, I have met and spoken with him (at Gaston's), and have become well-acquainted with the general standards he applies to flying and to flight instruction, and would gladly refer anyone committed to learning safe practices to him, as well.

So there you go - get after it!

In addition to the "standard" 10-day program, PIC does custom-tailored finish-up courses, usually 5-7 days depending where you stand. Give Donn Heikkila a call at 1-800-I-FLY-IFR if you're interested.

Back