Instructional flight

That was good for a laugh. Damn.

Think he was creating his own heat, maybe? I was waiting for his head to pop off. :rolleyes:

As far as the blue language, this is the blue board, after all...

Just wondering... was the heating problem part of the flight profile? :D

At the end, it appeared they may have been members of the same crew. But, certainly no evidence of that for the first two-thirds of the blue!

At the end, it appeared they may have been members of the same crew. But, certainly no evidence of that for the first two-thirds of the blue!
Sounded to me as if the guy in back(?) calling for heat was an instructor and the other wasfrom a "friendly" government where they like things hot who was receiving instruction. Anyone know the real scoop?

Sounded to me as if the guy in back(?) calling for heat was an instructor and the other wasfrom a "friendly" government where they like things hot who was receiving instruction. Anyone know the real scoop?
I thought about this too. I was very suprised to see this represented as a USAF flight. But I can see how after continued aggravation of instructing such a pilot a level of frustration would manifest itself but that does not excuse the behavior or language of the instructor pilot. I don't even know what plane they were flying although I suspect it was transport category.

The idioms of our language which we don't even think about can cause problems. "Turn it off". The foriegner would naturally think, there's nothing to turn, I am only pushing a knob. It's like keying START to turn MSWin off.

Last edited:
From other sources which referenced this video, the aircraft in question is a T-38 (did a google search for "Turn the heat off" and went from there).

Good friend of mine is a former T-38 instructor pilot and no, this is not him in the video. This vid has been around for a while and I asked him about it. The environmental control system is managed from the front end of the airplane. The IP is this case could do nothing but bake in the seat as the airplane flew around in the extreme heat of Sheppard AFB during the Summer. I also got the picture that doing duty as an IP with many of our "friends" in the middle eastern region is far from "ideal".

Back