Insomnia & Anxiety - What am I in for?

A

Anonymous

Hey everyone. I'm looking to get a third class medical and was reviewing my medical record prior to officially applying for one. I noticed a diagnosis for anxiety (generalized disorder) and insomnia from a time I saw my GP about trouble sleeping.. I guess he thought I had both.. He prescribed me .25mg Xanax, which I took irregularly for about a year.

That was 6 years ago. I'm fine today, with no trouble sleeping or anxiety, though I'm sure the FAA will want to know about this history. What am I likely to have to deal with?

The diagnosis codes are: 780.52/G47.00 and 300.00/F41.9

Hey everyone. I'm looking to get a third class medical and was reviewing my medical record prior to officially applying for one. I noticed a diagnosis for anxiety (generalized disorder) and insomnia from a time I saw my GP about trouble sleeping.. I guess he thought I had both.. He prescribed me .25mg Xanax, which I took irregularly for about a year.

That was 6 years ago. I'm fine today, with no trouble sleeping or anxiety, though I'm sure the FAA will want to know about this history. What am I likely to have to deal with?

The diagnosis codes are: 780.52/G47.00 and 300.00/F41.9
Is the guy still in practice?
GET THE ENTIRE RECORD, now, most states throw it out at 7 years.
Obtain an comprehensive pharmacy printout from your pharmacy vendor going back 10 years. You are trying to prove no "second (earlier) episode"

Can you get back to him-see him again and get him to write:

(1)Date of onset of treatment
(2)Date of cessation.
(3)All meds at the time (no dual psych meds with the benzo)
(4)Lack of suicidality
(5)No difficulties with reality testing
(6)Stimulus for the anxiety (state what it was)
(7)That the stimulus is gone
(8)That here is nothing left to treat,
and, the reason why you need him in particular:
(9)To his knowledge this is your SOLE even in your lifetime.

PCPs, IMO should not be treating these but should be referring these. If you can get all of these items in one letter, you may not have to get to a psychiatrist for the good detailed psychiatry history and current status.

Sigh.

Is the guy still in practice?
GET THE ENTIRE RECORD, now, most states throw it out at 7 years.
Obtain an comprehensive pharmacy printout from your pharmacy vendor going back 10 years. You are trying to prove no "second (earlier) episode"

Can you get back to him-see him again and get him to write:

(1)Date of onset of treatment
(2)Date of cessation.
(3)All meds at the time (no dual psych meds with the benzo)
(4)Lack of suicidality
(5)No difficulties with reality testing
(6)Stimulus for the anxiety (state what it was)
(7)That the stimulus is gone
(8)That here is nothing left to treat,
and, the reason why you need him in particular:
(9)To his knowledge this is your SOLE even in your lifetime.

PCPs, IMO should not be treating these but should be referring these. If you can get all of these items in one letter, you may not have to get to a psychiatrist for the good detailed psychiatry history and current status.

Sigh.

Thanks. He’s still in practice and it shouldn’t be an issue getting that information. My pharmacy only keeps records for the last 3 years in which nothing is listed. Would that be sufficient pharmaceutical documentation to the FAA?

Thanks. He’s still in practice and it shouldn’t be an issue getting that information. My pharmacy only keeps records for the last 3 years in which nothing is listed. Would that be sufficient pharmaceutical documentation to the FAA?

Get as much as you can and that will have to do. Sounds like it may be a bit iffy, but worth a try. This is where the judgement of an expert like Dr. Chien will be very valuable.

Sounds from the history like it eventually can be issued. The big variable is how much current evaluation may be required.

Ask the pharmacist where to write, to get the rest of the data. It'll take about 10 days to get.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back