Informal Fly-in to Bader Aug 27 10-11am

jdevine

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
JDevine
There's a thread over on the red board to organize an informal flyin to Bader just before it closes. The date is next Sunday, August 27th, 10-11 am. Come on out to say farewell to a piece of aviation history.

Jason

wuts the actual date they are offcially closing??

this is very sad..this was my favorite airport to fly into...now i gotta find another beach airport ..probably head down to cape may for those fun afternoon shore flights

i cant make it this sunday tho..i wish i could

ANt

I believe it's mid-Sept, but it's hard to know for sure. There should be a NOTAM out shortly before the big Xs come out.

Jason

I can't make it Sunday. I've got a friend comming in to see the Final game of the LLWS on Sunday. I'm hopeing to make it Friday and go to the white house for what did Adam call it, the worlds best hoggie's.

Missa

SkyHog said:
I'll be there!
Man, you will go to a fly-in anywhere, won't you? :D

Glad to hear you finally got the plane back home.

-Rich

WOW, thats right! the final is sunday.......hmmmmmmm Went there in 2003 with the Delaware team, was the keeper of the unofficial book for my brother who managed the team. We try and watch the series every year.

I may not make the fly in.

No LLWS to worry about this weekend. Sunday, 9/3, 10:30-11ish. Now it looks like weather may not cooperate again, but consider coming if you can. Keep an eye on the red board for status updates.

Everskyward said:
Just don't do this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V06LBgfuxgA&NR

The interesting part is about halfway thru.

Whoever posted this video has their geography a little confused too. :dunno:
Absolutely amazing. That engine didn't just start up on its own, did it? It wasn't clear if there was someone in the cockpit. What ever happened to those knuckleheads.

Back