Info on Hammond, LA, airport

Tom Gresham

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Tom Gresham
I need info from anyone who knows the situation at KHDC, Hammond, LA.

I'm researching moving to the area. Are there hangars available? Group hangar? Price?

Services?

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tom

Tom, try contacting Danielle (Pookies) as she did her training in the New Orleans area and may have flown into Hammond a time or two. Not sure but it's worth a shot.

Good luck.

I have never actually been there. I'm sure Airnav has some info.

I have never actually been there. I'm sure Airnav has some info.

Thanks. I've flown to Hammond a couple of dozen times, but never been to the FBO. I was there this morning, in fact.

Next time in, I'll go to the other side of the field to try the FBO and start doing research. We're doing a year-long transition to see if we definitely want to move there (probably will), so I have a good bit of time to work out airport and hangar arrangements.

I don't know the current hangar situation at HDC, but I know Mike Nelson, one of the instructors at Fly by Knight, the flight school on the field on the west side. You might want to give them a call about hangars.

Tom Segrist owns Cloud Chasers, which also provides flight training, on the east side next to Top Gun Aviation. I use to rent a C210 and a C182 from Tom. He probably knows the local politics on the field as well as anyone. Top Gun is an ok FBO, too, but I've only used them a couple of times.

Back