Indy Air Sales - Midwest Broker

camorton

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Craig Morton
Anyone got a pirep on these guys? I'm buying, not selling.

Thanks,

C.

Used to be based at AID.
Only had a couple of dealings with them. Some people hate them, some people like them.

in my case, they talked me out of an experimental I was considering. In hindsight, turned out to be sound advice.

...Some people hate them, some people like them....
In my case, it's both. I bought a used aircraft from them many, many years ago (over a decade now). It was smooth and easy, no complaints. Years later, before buying my brand new Mooney, I considered buying a used A36, and they had one. I had nothing but trouble with them, trouble with the pre-buy (flack from them regarding using MY mechanic), the failure of the deal (I'm not going to say they committed fraud, but someone did, either them or the previous owner they got the plane from), the reluctance of them to return my deposit, etc. Same people too, just several years later. I wouldn't go back on a dare now.

Consider Aircraft Ownership Solutions...I've heard nothing but good about them, and they are just down the road from Indy Air.

I also recall them based at Anderson KAID, communication was quick, their email newsletter is nice to see their newest listings, plenty of information, photos and logbooks usually already scanned in online, prices always seem good and their stock moves. I posted about the Cessna 150 Aerobat on here, asking questions about it as it looked nice, it was listed by Indy Air, and already sold. I was surprised as I thought the price was high and I am not really that good at pricing the market, they must be pricing their airplanes right for their turnover.

My introduction to Indy Air was years ago before I bought my airplane, I flew down there and they arranged someone to flight test the aircraft with me which was nice, I liked it and put a deposit on it, then due to me being new to aviation I didn’t have my ducks lined up, trying to get a prebuy done was becoming a challenge, and then I was also concerned about the wing spar AD, so I mentioned that I wanted the Seller to have this inspection performed and they said ok, and then my mechanic got back to me and had a heart attack about the number of hours on the aircraft. For the price it was ridiculously cheap, and had better avionics than I have now and a working autopilot, maybe would have been a better route or a maintenance hog, who knows. Due to some uncertainty with the wing spar AD and I needed 2 weeks for a prebuy, we agreed to release the aircraft and my deposit was promptly returned.

I have recommended Indy Air to others who have purchased an aircraft from them, and I do receive their newsletter and if the right opportunity presents itself I would buy through them and recommend them. Mostly due to their organization of photos, records and logs, I know their pricing is good, and they are also pretty close to me. If I had any suggestions it would be for them to be more of deal closers and help hold the buyers hand more through the process.

My experience has been that they know the markets, price fairly, and do the deal without drama.

Never dealt with them but when I see something for sale by them it usually strikes me as a very fair price especially considering they are a broker.

I have found, by looking but havent bought or sold from them, they seem to be decent brokers. Planes sell quickly and seem to be priced well. Aircraft Ownership Solutions seems to be the same type of place. It does seem recently that AOS has been getting some planes that have sat for a few years. At least the ones I was interested in, and looked at the logs.

It does seem recently that AOS has been getting some planes that have sat for a few years. At least the ones I was interested in, and looked at the logs.
They both seem to have more than their share of "hangar finds" but I guess alot of airplanes do sit for awhile until the owner gives up on getting his medical back, or the family settled the estate, etc.

Back