Independence Air to Shut Down

I sure hope they stick to the timeline they announced; I'm flying home on Independence, IAD to BTV on Thursday the 5th.

Dan

HPNFlyGirl said:
Good Luck Dan. My friend is a Gate Agent for them.

www.flyi.com

www.flyi.com

Thanks! I guess the Independence employees need good wishes a lot more than I do. Worst case for me is I have to keep my rental car and drive home, which really isn't a big deal.

Dan

As a former airline employee, I have gone through the same thing. I was a ramp agent for Midway Airlines...the one with the Big Blue M on the tail. They called us right after midnight telling us not to come in, bc they had just filled chapter 11.

Later that night/morning (1:30 am) I had to go to work at FedEx. Since both jobs were PT, a lot of people working at the FedEx ramp, were also working at Midway. We all were like "Did you get the call this morning?"

After my shift I went to the Terminal C to pick up my stuff, and it was total chaos. The news crews were there, pilots couldn't get home, employees who had not gotten the call were turned away. Everyone was in shock pretty much.

I had a blast working for Midway. Then I was hired at Southwest, which I turned down, since I had better benefits at FedEx and a part time job making more money working at NCDOT. Now I am thinking why in the world did I turn that down? Ah well ya live you learn.

Back