Incident in Greenland:Dash8-200 helps Cessna twin to safety

Cavorter

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Robert
Interesting story. Sounds like the Cessna twin pilot was having a bad day. He lost an engine and according to his comments at the end was at risk of losing the second. Combine this with hard IMC conditions below minimums at his destination and avionics failures, I'm sure he had a few drinks when this was all over!

http://avherald.com/h?article=4a0c9e6f&opt=0

Excellent work by the Air Greenland captain. The brotherhood of aviators is still strong and he probably saved their lives. Notice that the actual Cessna crew are writing in the comments section of the article and also thanking the Dash crew and ground crews.

So glad for the save.
I posted the comment listing the numerous unrelated failures, wondering if they were flying 'junk' .....maybe they were just plain unlucky.

So glad for the save.
I posted the comment listing the numerous unrelated failures, wondering if they were flying 'junk' .....maybe they were just plain unlucky.
Do I recall correctly that it was a ferry flight?

Do I recall correctly that it was a ferry flight?
The report uses that term, although it also says there was 4 aboard.
My comment wonders about this possibility: long term storage, no shakedown flights, blast off over the ocean, multiple unrelated failures which would be statistically unlikely in an regularly flown aircraft.

Back