Inadvertently omitted past medical history

A

anon

i am not new to the forum.

i got my medical in Oct last yr, this was my first time. i wish i had read every suggestion that has already been given on this forum, but i discovered the forum after the fiasco. here is how it all went down

-- Filled up medXpress form, its asks for last 3 years of medical history, i didnt read it properly and thought it asked for last 3 medical exams.
-- after submission i realized my mistake, sent an email to the support of MedXpress
-- got a call back, told them my mistake and asked if i could edit. they said, no, but your AME can put more things in.
-- went to AME, got passed all tests, i needed a SI and somehow my AME called someone in OCK and got the approval to hand the ticket over to me without review.
-- before signing anything, i handed over a bunch of paper to the AME that had records of all previous doc visits. he looked at it for a second and said, well i dont think you need to submit those, some analyst would ask for unnecessary paper work, handed over my cert and walked out.
-- i sat there for a min and thought well, he knows better. i know, i shouldnt have.

so here is my question now, what should i do? i can easily switch to basicMed and hoping i will never have to see an AME again. 60 days have passed, but i guess FAA can review anything anytime and ask for my ticket back.

any suggestion? @bbchien

I have been told by more than one AME that all you need are the visits since your last FAA medical exam. They already have the info from your prior exams so if what you submitted covers the time since your last medical you are good to go.

He said it was his first medical, but my opinion would be not to worry about it. Or you could go over to the AOPA forum and ask there. Dr. Chien answers a lot of questions like that, he is on top of the game.

Last edited:
The problem is proving that.....FAA's view will be, are the omissions material?
If you left out a psychiatrist visit, that'll be very very tough from which to come clean.....it can be done, however.

Material omissions are regarded as signs of less than-good aviator character.

OP here.

yes the AME didnt think it was important, but there is no way i can prove it and if push comes to shove, i am not entirely sure he will remember that he asked me not to/ will admit that he asked me not to. referring to someone here who said.. he will probably sacrifice me in a heartbeat like a voodoo chicken...

as per my records, there are nothing that will ground me, no substance / alcohol abuse/ depression or anything remotely close to that. my previous records are all for my SI condition and i like to stay on top of my condition and visit my doctor every 3 months even when she is absolutely ok with me visiting every 6-9 months.

i am more worried about FAA thinking i didnt submit on purpose. though i can furnish all records and when they dig through it they will not find anything, so it could be a slap on the wrist and a ton of time spent by them reviewing it when i cant fly as PIC. @bbchien do you have any specific recommendations? i am more than happy to get a consult from you directly.

i guess my question is
1. should i volunteer this information to FAA
2. deal with it when and as the situation arises

i guess my question is
1. should i volunteer this information to FAA
2. deal with it when and as the situation arises
i would not do #2. If faa finds out b4 you tell them it's "lawyer to Lawyer" as to pilot cert revocation. It all depends on what was omitted and what your FAA record looks like...

I don't hold out here being plenty busy....but on my website there is an email link-box...

i would not do #2. If faa finds out b4 you tell them it's "lawyer to Lawyer" as to pilot cert revocation. It all depends on what was omitted and what your FAA record looks like...

I don't hold out here being plenty busy....but on my website there is an email link-box...

thanks doc @bbchien . sent you an email via your website.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back