In My Opinion, Ebay Blows

rpadula

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
PancakeBunny
It just took me over 30 minutes to list one damn item on Ebay. :eek: Where's the bang head against the wall icon?

I only sell stuff about once every 6 months, and every dang time, their sell item interface is different. This time, it was some crazy Ajax-y Web 2.0 Java BS. What the heck do they think everyone has a 6+ Mbps broadband connection?

And it didn't even work in Safari! Had to switch over to Firefox.

-Rich

P.S. The item in question is a mint Sony Ericsson K790a cell phone, if anyone cares. :)

Unlocked phone means that you can use it on any network just by inserting the simm card?

Heh, no I don't live in the boonies; I'm just a cheap *^#%$#! (yet I have a most expensive flying hobby?!?) I actually tether through my cell phone so it's slightly better than dial up and equivalent to DSL lite (256k). But Ebay still blows.

And yes, unlocked means it'll work on any *GSM* network with your SIM card. In the US, that's T-Mobile and Cingular.

-Rich

Ebay? That's where I bought the mighty Apache! She is still flying like a champ 3 years after purchase. The mighty PA-23-160 was built in 1957. It'll be 50 next year. Go Piper!
:blueplane:
ApacheBob

Bidding war?

Unlocked phone means that you can use it on any network just by inserting the simm card?

Sort of. There is a SIM lock that means that you can only use the network SIM in the phone that belongs to the network provider that sold you the phone. It is to prevent you from using pre-paid card from another party in your phone. Since the network provider subsidizes the cost of the phone when you get it they ensure you generate revenue for them. Unlocking the phone means that any SIM from any source will work in the phone.

Please don't do anything improper with it. The K790's get bid up quite well on their own.

Thanks,
Rich

Haha.. Just joking. It would be my luck that Jesse would stop bidding and I would be stuck paying for something I have no use for.

Besides THAT, it is completely unethical to falsely bid up items.

Good luck and "Happy Bidding!"

-Chris

I was selling consistently on eButt until they raised their rates. I'm all for capitalism. Heck, I'm a confirmed right-wing, evil, republican capitalist! Well, now I'm a libertarian/reformed anarchist but still a capitalist.

Supposedly, they raised the rates to improve service. So far, I've seen record growth, record revenue, record profits and expansion in Yourapee'n (Intentional!) markets like crazy. But, I've not seen any improvements in service. But, they do make it harder to reach a human being when you call by phone and no one in their executive office, including Whitman, returns a reply to physical letters.

Back