In Case You're Tired of Vista...

Nope...quite happy with Vista thank you! :p

Did you notice this part....

To comply with Microsoft and eBay rules, a piece of untested "as is" computer hardware will be included.

I'll bet that's a fin piece of equipment.

Here's a deal for ya on eBay!

:)

To comply with Microsoft and eBay rules, a piece of untested "as is" computer hardware will be included.

I'll have to check previous sales. Is that worth 99 cents + $6 shipping?

I think I GOTTA GOLD MINE IN MY TOO MUCH JUNK!

Usually they send a burnt-out stick of RAM, a seized chipset fan, a dongle, or some other lightweight computer part. Most often, in my experience, it's been a stick of EDO RAM.

Rich

Listing has been removed. MS police at it again.

Darn, I missed it. Must have been like the old cans of "Florida Sunshine" they used to sell here to stupid tourists.

You can't just send a piece of memory, or burnt out chip. Microsoft changed their license in 2005 to resolve this problem.

4.1 We grant you a nonexclusive right to distribute an individual software license only with a fully assembled computer
system.
A “fully assembled
computer system” means a computer system consisting of at least a central processing unit, a motherboard, a hard drive
(internally mounted (Solid State) NAND and/or internally mounted revolving magnetic-based hard drive), a power supply,
and a case.
There are still a lot of people sending "hardware" that does not qualify. It's possible that ebay is cracking down on this.

What sucks about the above wording is--you can't build a system and install the OEM software without a chassis. This was a problem at my previous employer because we would build systems for industrial manufacturers that would install it in their own chassis.

Last edited:
There are still a lot of people sending "hardware" that does not qualify. It's possible that ebay is cracking down on this.
But, it seems pretty silly to make a blow on some twit dumping a decade-old operating system.

Back