Importance Of Friends

OtisAir

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
OtisAir
Hey Ya'll - I have a question regarding FRIENDS on POA.

First Off - I ABSOLUTELY UNDERSTAND THE IMPORTANCE AND NICE FEELING OF HAVING FRIENDS...

What my question is however, what does the friendship function on Pilots Of America do? Perhaps it's a convenient location to keep my address book (Speaking Of Which, Is there a secure place to add address for Christmas Cards??????).... Anyway, I think I may not be taking full advantage of the Friends Functionality.

I have a few friends now (only cause they haven't met me yet!!Hahahaha THAT WAS A JOKE CURRENT FRINEDS :goofy:). "Friends, hey Friends.... where'd they go???

Thanks for your assistance.

Your Friend, Shane a/k/a OtisAir

I'd say by the dearth of responses to your question, perhaps no one knows?

Being a relatively newbie here, I've wondered the same thing myself. I get requests to be someone's "friend", and (of course) respond affirmatively -- but what does that get anyone? Is there a useful function of being a "friend" that we're not getting?

I have been here from day one. Friends means nothing to me. No practical value as far as I can see. :D

I have been here from day one. Friends means nothing to me. No practical value as far as I can see. :D

I suspect it's something that just comes with the web server package. A few folks have ping'd me with a request to be "friends" and I always respond in the positive but AFaIK they were just asking the same question as the OP in a different way.

As I recall, it was a feature that came with a recent upgrade of vBulletin. It was shipped turned on by default and the MC and/or administrator just decided to leave it on and see what people did with it.

You're giving us too much credit. We've never discussed it. It's just part of the software. ;)

You're giving us too much credit. We've never discussed it. It's just part of the software. ;)
Hey, take credit when it's offered, unless you can't afford to pay it off! :)

Oh, and I see that Kent raised this question [thread=22008]a while ago[/thread].

Pancho wants to mark your bullie as friend, even if she hates dogs.

Well, As I said, its nothing to do with my friends (I Like all 6 of 'em)....I was just curious if it was a way to quickly send out a message to "FRIENDS" for a last minute beer-to-gether or something. Hey Speaking of which..........

Pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhht, glug glug glug... Hear Hear To Friends!

I'm thinking (here I go again) that the contacts and friends list helps you wuickly locate your contacts and friends incase you ever need to pm them or look up when they last posted quickly w/o having to do a global search. Probably tells you if your friends are online or not while you are online.

Monk

Back