I'm outta here!

Ted

The pilot formerly known as Twin Engine Ted
Display Name

Display name:
iFlyNothing
It's 6:05 AM. For some reason I woke up at 5:30, despite the alarm being set for 6. I notice when that happens, it's usually because my body knows something that I don't - that I need to be awake earlier than I predicted to meet my schedule.

Well, I'm showered, finishing up breakfast, then it's time to brush my teeth, put my gear on, put my final items onto the motorcycle, and head on over to my friend's house where I'll meet up with him. We're riding the motorcycles out, him on his Goldwing 1800, and me on my VTX 1800. I just took the VTX to the dealership on Thursday. They gave me a new rear tire, flushed my rear brake system, changed the oil, changed out the shock bushings (and something else that had gone bad), and gave it an overall good once over and state inspection. I got the Honda seal of approval on it, it's ready to go.

Today, we're heading up through Buffalo and Canada, and getting to the UP of Michigan. Expected 12-14 hours of total travel time (with stops). Tomorrow should be an easier trip, we're doing closer to 2/3 of the traveling today so that we can get to Osh and meet up with our friends, and see more cool airplane stuff.

I've got Tim's cell phone master list in my laptop, and will be there Sunday evening through Thursday morning, at least that's the current plan. I hope that I'll get to meet all of you - give me a call when you get there! :yes:

:cheers:

Back