I'm not sure if we can handle more of this..

Keith Lane

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Keith Lane
As you may recall, last October our friends from church lost their 8 year old daughter to a farm accident while she was visiting her grandparents home in Illinois.
http://www.pilotsofamerica.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10112

Then, this last April, I lost another church member and Sunday school classmate to brain cancer. I had looked into lifeflight options to get him home from Boston.

In May, one of my closest friends lost his 21 year old son in a motorcycle accident when a driver on a cellphone turned left in front of him.

Tonight, another of my Sunday school classmates was involved in an auto accident while carrying his two daughters home. The girls, Lauren (8) and Claudia, (6) were riding with their Dad, Pablo Dopico when the accident occurred. Mother, Stacy was in California on a business trip. I don't have one detail about the accident itself, but Pablo was taken to the nearby county hospital and the girls were taken to Egleston Childrens Hospital. Lauren was medevac'd there. Claudia has serious health conditions as a result of birth defects as it is, Lauren had no health issues of any kind.
We learned at 9PM that Lauren did not survive her injuries, and that Pablo had left Rockdale Hospital to be with her, but unfortunately did not get to see her before she passed away. Her mother has a flight home arriving at 0630 Friday, and she is aware of Lauren's death. Claudia will be OK but I do not know the extent of her injuries. Lauren was the best big sister she could have gotten, and was very protective of her and was a tremendous help with Claudia's special needs.

Once again our friends at church have suffered the unimaginable.

Please keep the Dopico's in your thoughts and maybe a little prayer as they bear the unbearable.
Hug your kids and loved ones each day like you might not see them again and tell them that you love them.
Thank you,
Keith Lane

Keith, that is just terrible. I am so very sorry for the family. I don't know what I would do if something happened to my two little girls. For what it's worth, best wishes to you and, even more so, to Pablo and Stacy. I don't know that it will help.

Please keep the Dopico's in your thoughts and maybe a little prayer as they bear the unbearable.
Hug your kids and loved ones each day like you might not see them again and tell them that you love them.
Thank you,
Keith Lane

I will do both of those things Keith. I just got word two days ago that my best friend from childhood died last week of throat cancer in W. Virginia. Though we didn't remain in contact over the last 30 years or so, this man is a part of all of my fondest memories of my youth, so I thought of him nearly every day.

Keith - I am so saddened to hear of the sadness, loss and suffering you and your church family have experienced. There is just so much that makes us what to yell out "Why, God? Why?" against things that just don't seem to make any sense, and it seems more prevalent each day.

I see an odd tendency to share our stories of grief in response to your story, but it almost seems like a "bad news one-upmanship" game, so I'll just say that I, my family, and church family know your pain and grieve with you and yours.

Our prayers for peace, comfort and strength in these times of trials.

Keith, my wife and I send our condolences... we're so sorry. This kind of stuff just sucks, no two ways about it. :( (((hugs))) to you all.

Keith, I feel for you and yours, and I understand. You are all in my prayers.

---

Yesterday was such a day for me; lost a dear friend and fellow Rotarian to cancer, after a valiant battle, in the early A.M.

Then, about 3:30, jobsite accident and my wife's achilles tendon, left heel, severely cut. After we got home from the doc yesterday evening, I began re-learning the true scope of all that she does around the house. Off to the orthopedic surgeon today.

Life happens.

Back