I'm going flying!

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
Holy crap! Over a year since I've last flown! Yeehaw. I'm off to get my BFR.

Holy crap! Over a year since I've last flown! Yeehaw. I'm off to get my BFR.

Heads, I do it. Tails, I don't.

Tails.

OK, I won't point out that there is no "B" in "Flight Review":goofy:

But, Good Luck!!!

Put in 1.8 hours today in the pattern myself. One more round scheduled for tomorrow. That should do it for me (I hope). (It's been a bit longer than one year for me...)

Last edited:
Well, I'm all legal and crap.

I've always wondered - why do people object to the "biennial" part of that phrase? Its required every 2 years, no/

I've always wondered - why do people object to the "biennial" part of that phrase? Its required every 2 years, no/

Because in theory you could do a flight review every 60 days, or 6 days if you wanted.

I don't understand why the FAA felt they needed to change it, but it makes sense to me... you can technically wait as long as you want to exercise full privileges of your ticket, because meanwhile you can still fly (to some extent).

You get a review when you are ready to resume full privileges. Might be before 24 calendar months pass by, might be 24 years after your PPASEL check ride. :D
The "biennial" part really refers to how long your full privileges are good for, not how often you have to take the review... so why call it a "biennial flight review"?

ATTTIPA Nazi's with nothing better to do.

Because in theory you could do a flight review every 60 days, or 6 days if you wanted.

That's dumb. Should we stop calling the airplane's annual inspection an "Annual" too, because it could happen every day if you wanted to waste money?

Congrats Nick, glad you've gotten back in the air!

Back