I'll have a warrant in about 12 hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its okay guys. Lawyer is not an option. I will discuss with my supervisor my options at work as far as missing some days when I get back, just in case the worst case scenario pops up. I have vacation time, so I can probably blow a few days if necessary.

Bike or no bike, same thing would have happened. I have found most cops won't pull me over on a bike anyway, so if anything, the bike is good for avoiding trouble. There were two cops, one was really nice, and had he been the one that pulled me over, I would not have been given any citations methinks.

Either way, I'm not fighting anything with the courts, as I was guilty of speeding (as long as they correct the amount of speeding in question, I'm not gonna push for a drop on a technicality, as that drives me insane when people get away with that). The not carrying of my insurance card and the lack of registration paperwork should be dropped, as I was insured and registered, but the law states that I must provide proof at the time of stop, so I understand if that does not get dropped.

I was under the impression that the motorcycle endorsement was optional. My impression was wrong. No fighting there.

Just gotta take my lumps and hope I don't go to jail because of some bureaucratic madness.

Nicks goin to the pokey...Nicks goin to the pokey:rofl::rofl::rofl: Either show up in a wheelchair, or keester a tube of KY when you go.:hairraise::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nick,

I'd love to be able to give you some advice, either formal or informal. Unfortunately, I'm not licensed in NM and, even if I were, my position with the CO Courts probably prohibits me from giving you any specific advice.

With that in mind, the best I can do is to tell you: 1) show up early; 2) be well-dressed (don't go overboard, shirt and tie would be the most appropriate, perhaps a jacket); and 3) be respectful.

Tell your side of the story in a non-accusatory fashion (there is nothing that will hurt your cause more than an offended court clerk). And that's really about all you can do. Be prepared to: 1) post bond if necessary; and 2) pay the ticket and other costs on the spot - and don't be afraid to let the Court know, at the outset, that you're prepared to do so. And if you're financially unable to do the latter, don't be afraid to admit that, either - it won't be held against you.

And, when this is all resolved, make sure you call both the Court and the DMV/MVA to make sure that the BW has been cancelled. It doesn't happen often, but sometimes one agency won't get the memo regarding cancellation, and the next time you get pulled over there might be a big flashing red screen on the officer's computer. I've seen it happen several times. So be SURE to do that.

Best of luck.

/me contemplates creating the Pilots of America Legal Relief Fund.

Hmmm, I wonder if the lack of Nick's presence on POA suggests a lack of WIFI in the ABQ county Jail?

Pete

As far as the motorcycle. It had nothing to do with this. Your question wasn't exactly that friendly. I'm going to leave this at that.

Jesse, please remove the tree stump from your rectum and learn to take a joke like the other 69,000 members of this forum. The comment Kenny made about the bike was screaming with sarcasm. Seems like every time someone here makes a semi-nagative comment about bikes, you jump to the defensive side. Relax and let people express their opinions.

Thanks

Jesse, please remove the tree stump from your rectum and learn to take a joke like the other 69,000 members of this forum. The comment Kenny made about the bike was screaming with sarcasm. Seems like every time someone here makes a semi-nagative comment about bikes, you jump to the defensive side. Relax and let people express their opinions.

Thanks
Relax and let people express their opinions.

This thread has stopped being about the topic and has degenerated into posters throwing mud at each other.

Closed, pending management review. Disciplinary action, if any, will be dealt with privately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back