Ignoring users

Flyboy

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Ron Kinney
So, If we ignore a user (just making plans for future events) and the user changes names in his/her profile, will the ignore follow them?

Flyboy said:
So, If we ignore a user (just making plans for future events) and the user changes names in his/her profile, will the ignore follow them?
The only name that can be changed is the Display Name, which has no relevance on the Ignore List. You must enter the userid in the Ignore list.

So, to answer your question: yes, the ignore should 'follow' them.

Followup: While we can change usernames for users, what gets stored when you ignore someone is a numeric identifier that NEVER changes. So yes, the ignore *will* follow them. :)

Will you let the general population know how many users have suffered this fate?

Woooo hooo!!!! :dance:

I can't wait to try it... well I can wait.... errrr.... oh you know what I mean!

:yes: :no: :rofl:

Lance F said:
Will you let the general population know how many users have suffered this fate?
No. If one user chooses to ignore another user, that is entirely between those two users, and only those two users.

But if the ignored is never told by the ignoree then the ignored will never know he/she/they are being ignored. If the ignorer tells the ignoree that they are being ignored, then the ignoree is not being ignored at that point. "Will the ignored party of the first part please inform the ignored party of the second part that the party of the third part is hosting a party in part and that the party of the fourth part should bring their part to the party?"

gkainz said:
But if the ignored is never told by the ignoree then the ignored will never know he/she/they are being ignored.
That's ok. :)
If the ignorer tells the ignoree that they are being ignored, then the ignoree is not being ignored at that point.
If the ignorer tells the ignoree that the ignorer will be ignoring the ignoree before the ignorer actually starts ignoring the ignoree, then the ignorer will be ignoring the ignoree after the point at which the ignorer is informed.

"Will the ignored party of the first part please inform the ignored party of the second part that the party of the third part is hosting a party in part and that the party of the fourth part should bring their part to the party?"
I think its best if I just ignore that. :)

Back