IFR trip to STL postponed

asgcpa

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
CPA
My instruction trip is postponed due to freezing rain tomorrow. Will postpone. :mad2:

My instruction trip is postponed due to freezing rain tomorrow. Will postpone. :mad2:

Don't bang your head. Being able to read such weather and make a safe decision is part of the instrument flying process. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure we will have some GA fatalities in the next few days from pilots who don't do this.

Flying into known icing.

joke

jōk/

noun

noun: joke; plural noun: jokes

1. a thing that someone says to cause amusement or laughter, esp. a story with a funny punchline.
"she was in a mood to tell jokes"

synonyms: funny story, jest, witticism, quip.

:yesnod:

Don't bang your head. Being able to read such weather and make a safe decision is part of the instrument flying process. Unfortunately I'm pretty sure we will have some GA fatalities in the next few days from pilots who don't do this.

:yes:

Gets frustrating ,when weather doesn't co operate. Good call. Better days will come.

My son called me an hour or so ago. He is in north central Arkansas for a few days and he said it is snowing to beat the band there. The weather is headed northeast. Very good decision, CPA!

We flew north to Green Bay instead, then to Madison and back to Exec. Departure from Exec was adventure with winds. Bumpy! A little better into GRB. On way back had pleasure of speaking with Mark Z from this board on radio. A good day.. 2 hours ground, 4.2 hours of flight, 2 ILS and 1 RNAV. I'm wiped.

My instructor went through the I'm safe, pave etc checklists today. Then we went through all the weather related stuff on foreflight. Although reading the TAFs and speaking to a briefer, he showed me what to look for. Very interesting session. Then we went to the airport and started the days XC.

Clintonville has the cheapest fuel up there...at least it used to. Appleton has a nice airport, tower, etc. worth a stop sometime.

I was based at both of those fields, along with quite a few others when I was working in Wisconsin. I really like it up there...well...about 8 months out of the year. :)

Good you got to fly today. IFR is fun.

Last edited:
Back