For Sale [now available for iOS as well] I developed a smartphone app for IFR Training

IFR Simulator

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
IFR Simulator
I developed a smartphone app for practicing IFR procedures.

It's called IFR Flight Simulator and is available for Android (iOS coming soon).

It's meant to support IFR student pilots in learning holdings and intercepts and flying approaches.

It has a Pro subscription for monetizing it but all Pro features are also available by watching ads.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.maihoff.ifrflightsimulator

start Mittel.jpeg airports Mittel.jpeg track Mittel.jpeg holding_1 Mittel.jpeg holding_2 Mittel.jpeg inflight Mittel.jpeg intercept_1 Mittel.jpeg

Last edited:
Looks great. When does the IOS version come out?

So how does the yoke, rudder pedals and throttle quadrant connect to this simulator?

The iOS version is under development and should be out in the coming months. Stay tuned

Very cool! You should switch to Xamarin if you know C# and want to maintain a single code base (mostly). Makes delivery to both Apple and Android very easy.

I'm using Flutter which is very convenient for cross platform. Just need to set it up for the AppStore. Should be ready soon.

Is this for the US market? I noticed the use of the term "offset" entry instead of "teardrop"

It's available worldwide. Offset entry and teardrop entry describe the same thing, I just decided to go with offset

It's available worldwide. Offset entry and teardrop entry describe the same thing, I just decided to go with offset
I can tell they are the same. Just wondered about the use of the nonstandard (from a US perspective, anyway) term.

Back