IFR Current Again

BillTIZ

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
BTIZ
2.1 hrs in the AATD :goofy:
VGT Northtown 2 Dept to LAS :blueplane:
LAS VOR Rwy 25/R with preapproach holding (transition from LAS requires the holding pattern instead of PT, so just do an extra turn)
LAS ILS Rwy 25R with holding at BLD and BLD transition to the ILS
LAS ILS 25R with Missed Approach to BLD for holding
VGT GPS Rwy 12R
VGT ILS Rwy 12L
VGT ILS Rwy 12L, failed attitude indicator at FAF :yikes:

After all is done, I get outside and it's raining, low clouds.. but there is ICE in those clouds.

Nice!

I got my IR in Sept '08 and have hardly flown since. I need to get up and get a bunch of flying and approaches in so I feel comfortable flying in the plane. I felt the most confident when I had flown 9+ hrs in a 2 week span

but

I know what you mean about ICE. I just got my copy of Scott's Skew-T course so I'll spend the next few weeks studying too.

Allan

Nice!

I got my IR in Sept '08 and have hardly flown since. I need to get up and get a bunch of flying and approaches in so I feel comfortable flying in the plane. I felt the most confident when I had flown 9+ hrs in a 2 week span

but

I know what you mean about ICE. I just got my copy of Scott's Skew-T course so I'll spend the next few weeks studying too.

Allan
We should get into my airplane and fly. I need to log some approaches too. Lets set a date.

Sounds good...I'll PM you my contact #s - meant to tell you I got my medical! Many thanks to Dr. Bruce Chien!

Last edited:
Back