If you live in Nebraska....

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
You are mere hours from never forgetting what a Lobo is...I'll define it for ya:

The gray or timber wolf of the western United States. Thrives in high elevation, high energy, quick speed, and a ferocious appetite that is only exacerbated by struggle.

Your boys are coming to the pit, Nebraska. A mile high.

Awoooooooo!

Hi Nick,

Are you living in Nebraska now?

Nope, still in New Mexico!

The backstory to this thread is that Nebraska's basketball team is travelling to New Mexico for the first round of the NIT tournament against the University of New Mexico Lobos.

I think this is the first meeting between the two schools ever (that's almost 100 years, since UNM started in 1912).

I wondered. I've been delinquent from POA for too long and I was wondering if you moved since I last visited here.

How have you been? Good I hope.

awe crap - here I thought this was a story on wolf reintroduction and the effects of predation on the deer and elk populations ... and it's about bas-etball? plthhhhhhh!

awe crap - here I thought this was a story on wolf reintroduction and the effects of predation on the deer and elk populations ... and it's about bas-etball? plthhhhhhh!

Well, that depends....

What the hell is a corn husker? If its a deer or an elk, then yeah, the Lobos will be feasting nicely on the Cornhuskers, and this is a story of predation. Otherwise its a story about wolves eating people.

Either way, its gonna be a bloody day in the Pit :D

I so don't care about Nebraska sports. Don't tell anyone.

Nah, I'm doing the community college thing until I have the AS I can finally hang my hat on....but I'll always be a Lobo at heart. :D
Doing the CC thing is a smart way to spend you money. Then when you go for the BS you can transfer all that work. CC's are great, smaller classes more individual instruction and cheaper per credit hour. The only thing that is a PIA is when you go to grad school it complicates your GPA calculation.

When I went to do my M.S.E.E. years ago the school refused to incorporate any of my CC credit nor my other school credit. I had started at CC, then went to University of Maryland before getting to the school I graduated from. The admission people only would look at the GPA of my last attended school and gave me a 3.0 GPA when I really had a 3.8GPA. This was a big deal to get admitted. I argued with them for a while before I got them to realize it was unfair to only count 76 semester hours for my GPA while they were doing at least 120 hours for everyone else.

I am about to go get another MS degree and was happy when I talked to the admissions people at this school. They only look at the last 60 hours for everyone. Made the sending in of transcripts much easier.

Last edited:
Nope, still in New Mexico!

The backstory to this thread is that Nebraska's basketball team is travelling to New Mexico for the first round of the NIT tournament against the University of New Mexico Lobos.

I think this is the first meeting between the two schools ever (that's almost 100 years, since UNM started in 1912).

that's funny. Then I wonder where they got the footage that I saw tonight on the six o'clock news.

You are mere hours from never forgetting what a Lobo is...I'll define it for ya:

The gray or timber wolf of the western United States. Thrives in high elevation, high energy, quick speed, and a ferocious appetite that is only exacerbated by struggle.

Your boys are coming to the pit, Nebraska. A mile high.

Awoooooooo!

Nick, were we suppose to send our varsity players? :rofl::rofl:

Was a pretty damn good game....even if the referees did suck for the last 6 minutes. Heh.

Notre Dame's next!

Back