If this does not choke you up ....

Wow.

I hate basketball, but that was amazing! What a great story!

Man, that coach deserves a raise. And the whole team seems to be pretty special (considering the stereotypical high-schooler). I'll bet

Man, that coach deserves a raise. And the whole team seems to be pretty special (considering the stereotypical high-schooler). I'll bet the autistic player/manager will remember this as one of the best moments of his life.

I heard this story on the radio and wanted to know more. Thanks for posting it!

Chip

WOW what a moving story. Better than anything hollywood could come up with. It was so moving to see how the team and fans supported him.

One year when I was coaching I had a mentally challenged boy by the name of Kevin. He would ask me "When does kevin get to play?" I finally got him one game and he got to score a shot from the head of the key. I thought he was going to run through the wall on the far end of the gym. All the people in the stands were in tears. So I know the feeling, wwhat a great story! I love this kind of a story. I have a younger brother that is down syndrome so I have a soft spot in my heart for boys like this.

Attachments

• Bob and Ron in front of 9054N.jpg
    Bob and Ron in front of 9054N.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 22
Bob I recall your touching post on the old AOPA board about flying with your brother.

Adam, A brother like that can teach you a lot about love and a lot of other things. I love to take him flying, he says he wants to fly low and slow.

that school is only about an hour from where i live so its been all over the news and media. its a great heart warming story

i originally saw this on espn sportscenter the day after it happened and it was amazing, the most touching part is the rest of the students stormed the court and carried him off like a hero

Well i just watched the video,Great story, i have a friend that has a autistic son,and he started a Autistic foundation so they can build a school here in Harrisburg,(CARES-Children with Autism Resoures Education Support). I downloaded the video and made him a copy, Hope the news dont mind. I think it's great when theseor any Kid with Special Needs get a break.For those who dont know me We do a Special Needs flying Event each year At KCXY to let the kids have Fun (Young Eagle Flights).And YES it did Choke Me Up, Thanks for posting it
Dave G.

Thanks for sharing that with us. The final scene, crowd goes nuts and mobs the boy, is truly wonderful.

Back