If They Stay Around - - -

Lawreston

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Harley Reich
- - - should I feed 'em/fatten 'em for next Thanksgiving Day?

HR

Attachments

• Next Thanksgiving Dinner.jpg
    Next Thanksgiving Dinner.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 51
I have some pictures on my other computer from when we lived in NH. Our back door was right up to the woods and those guys would come pecking right up to the screen door. Drove the car bonkers, which I of course loved.

It always made me laugh when LEB tower would say ”runway 36, clear to land. Use caution - large flock of fat turkeys on or near the runway abeam the thousand footers. Let us know if they cause a problem, we'll send maintenance out...they're hungry this morning."

Teller: At some point I had endorsements to go to Sanford Airport for X/C and landing practice. I wasn't visually known at the location though 122.8 covers a lot of "audible"
recognition in these parts. So I got to KSME and had just turned Final when someone announced, "Flyers beware of the turkey on Final." The big bird was 3/4 down the runway. I came back with, "Do you mean the big bird or the red and white Cessna that's landing?" The frequency squealed when numerous hit their P-T-T simultaneously. We all had a good laugh in the FBO.

HR

Just keep 'em away from the runway. If they fly through the window, you're in a world of hurt. We actually had that happen to a trucker on the interstate about 10 miles from here...the turkey flew through his SIDE window! 'Caused a major wreck, but fortunately the guy survived.

Back