If anyone is bored in the Midwest...

EdFred

Taxi to Parking
Display Name

Display name:
White Chocolate
...this weekend, I'll be up at 6Y9 from Friday evening until Tuesday afternoon. Will have a hand held over at the cabin on 122.9 if anyone comes on by.

Wish I were closer, I'd be there, with bells on.

My airplane is being held captive in its 'hangur'* because our runway is under contruction and the airport is closed.

* Better Ed??? :D:D

Heck, maybe we'll leave Traverse City early Sunday so we can stop by. Just come up across the top instead of heading down the east side of the lake. We'll see how the day turns out.

I am trying to figure out what I'm going to do this weekend..To hell if I'm gonna waste it...

Well Ed if it wasn't 6.5 hours up there id come up, but cant. have to save money for OSH. But i will be there for opening day partyor hope to anyway.
Dave G.

N2212R said:
...this weekend, I'll be up at 6Y9 from Friday evening until Tuesday afternoon. Will have a hand held over at the cabin on 122.9 if anyone comes on by.

I'll be in Bellaire all week starting Saturday afternoon. i might drop into 6y9 although it's fairly short for me. Or you might consider popping down to ACB (call me first). Or both?

Well, the plus to the airstrip is that to the west there is another 300+ feet before there is any obstructions, and to the east there is 700 feet of no obstructions. So while the area on which you can touch your wheels is short, the approach in there isn't a slam dunk. Maybe I'll swing by ACB on my way back Tuesday.

Bored......In the Midwest? Never. :rolleyes:

:D

N2212R said:
Well, the plus to the airstrip is that to the west there is another 300+ feet before there is any obstructions, and to the east there is 700 feet of no obstructions. So while the area on which you can touch your wheels is short, the approach in there isn't a slam dunk. Maybe I'll swing by ACB on my way back Tuesday.

So is the actual runway 2000 or 2300? Are there any fences, power lines etc at either end?

Ed,

I might just have to take ya up on that. I was thinking of flying somewhere "up nort" on Monday. May or may not pick up my brother and his gf at Minocqua. Hmmm...

Well, we've postponed our departure to TVC until Sunday AM to allow the TS line to pass. Therefore, we won't be stopping by 6Y9 Sunday. Sorry!

Back