Identity Theft ?

U

Unregistered

Kind of aviation related... a lot of people here a lot smarter than me so I ask....

So, my friend calls me up "Hey dude get me a job!" and I'm like "huh?"

He goes on to tell me he was following up on resume submissions, was looking through a website where they have me listed as Midwest Regional Director. I have an unusual last name, so no confusion about it being someone else.

Obviously I applied there a few months ago, it is a Drone Company that does Aerial Inspections.

Should I call and ask where my paycheck is ? lol

Seriously though it is kind of weird for that to happen. I'm not the type of person to go around sueing people but if I could get a fat wad of cash for it.....

End of the day I'll most likely just ask them to stop using my name (again, very unusual last name, it would be like 0.000000000001% chance its a doppleganger name) but I figured I throw it out there and see what ya'll think.

What would be their incentive for associating with you?

Are you somehow important or respected?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, well, I've always thought I had a very unusual last name - but find one every now and again.
Suspect you're putting too much faith in your uniquity.

Last edited:
I was once listed as an "Associate Editor" for a publication that I didn't even know existed....

Ron Wanttaja

They may be using your name, assuming you're a pilot, to "satisfy" their 333 exemption. Ya' never know...

They may be using your name, assuming you're a pilot, to "satisfy" their 333 exemption. Ya' never know...

well they know im a pilot from my resume, so yes this is what i was thinking they were doing also

I was once listed as an "Associate Editor" for a publication that I didn't even know existed....

Ron Wanttaja

How did you resolve it.

though i could use a few bucks.....

i just don't want them using my name without my permission, that is most important

How did you resolve it.

though i could use a few bucks.....

Ignored it, basically. "Associate Editor" is basically fluff; it's just a title granted to writers who aren't actually employed by the publication. There's no money involved.

I was more concerned that they'd printed an article of mine that I'd submitted to an entirely DIFFERENT publication...without paying me or even telling me. The publication was a regional one 3,000 miles from where I lived; the only way I found out was a fellow EAA Chapter member had traveled there, bought the mag, and noticed my name.

Took me ~8 months, but I finally did get paid.

i just don't want them using my name without my permission, that is most important

That was basically it on my point, I think. My first book had just came out and I think they were trying to leverage off that.

Ron Wanttaja

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back