iBrick....

Henning

Taxi to Parking
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHenning
Ok, so I've had this jailbroke version 3GS that I have been working with for several years swapping cards back and forth, no problems. It was that way when I bought it, and it had Cydia on it. A year or more back, when I'd click on Cydia it would open for a brief moment and not quite boot past the first page before closing again, but I never had any problem using it on whatever network I threw a chip in for, including this one I have now, it worked until yesterday morning. Yesterday morning I got an unlock code for my My Touch 4G from T-Mo. I was gonna toss the T-Mo# back to my BB and use the Droid and retire the iPhone or give it to someone (preferable). So, I go to try the unlock code this morning, no joy....:incazzato:Then I think is when I made the big mistake, I think I put the SIM into (as well as pulled from) a powered on iPhone. Since I stuck the chip in this morning, it's been a brick, I need an unlock code.

So, I figure I'm going to have to go through this so I go here: http://www.unlock-the-iphone.com/members/

I download their stuff and it locks up on me while transferring the software to the iPhone. Is there anything I can do with it? I don't really want to spend any more money on it, I just gotta get the T-Mo peoples heads out. I really like the Droid better than the iPhone anyway, maybe I'll throw it in the Rhine....

Anybody know how I can bring this back to life?

You never need to buy software to unlock an iPhone. modmyi.com has everything and the developers (devteam) insist on everything being free.

What do you mean by locked up? Black screen? Phone needs to be activated screen?

Basically anything software related can be solved by a DFU mode restore which is a "hard restore" mode but you do not want to restore a stock att firmware because it could update your baseband which would lose the unlock.

I'm not entirely sure but I think the 3gs is unlockable on any baseband (what gets "unlocked") level now but to be safe you would create a custom restore in software such as pwnage tool and restore that to your phone on a DFU mode restore.

It's really not complicated and pretty much everything is click and wait on the software.

If you have any questions, let me know.

Back