I-Tunes Roadblock

Graueradler

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Graueradler
I am trying to convert vinyl LPs to digital CDs to use in a stereo system CD player. Bought an ION turntable with USB output and software but the software puts the digital output into I-Tunes (I-Tunes software was also provided with the equipment). I can't figure out how to get from I-Tunes to a CD. I don't own a single "I" device. There is a feature called home share that I presume lets me move I-Tune stuff to other computers, not to a stereo system and it requires setting up an Apple account including providing a credit card number. Am I at a dead end with this software. I know that there is other software out there for Vinyl to MP3 conversion.

Is the software "Spin It Again"? If not, go get it.

iTunes does allow you to burn your digital collection onto a CD, just take a look at the menu options.
Check out the following tutorial from Apple on how to.
The location of the burn option will differ depending on which version of iTunes you have.
If you can't find it let me know.

Last edited:
I haven't tried in several versions of iTunes, but one of the burn selections used to be "Burn to Audio CD". Maybe they took it away because nobody used it due to the file sizes and limited music storage capability? :dunno:

Many many thanks!!!!! 1'st CD burned and tested. We now have "Die Koelner Domglocken" on CD. The problem was that the menu choice in I-Tunes isn't shown until the pre-requisites are met. I would have provided the menu choice and then used dialog boxes to ask for the pre-reqs if they weren't met. The tutorial in the help menu was no help. I had to specifically search for "burn audio CD" to find it and then it was way way down the list.

I do have "Spin it gain" software but didn't have the adapters to get from the turntable line output into the computer and it doesn't look for USB input.

The software I'm using is EZ Vinyl Tape Converter. It came with the ION turn table. The audio comes out of the turn table in a USB cable.

Problem solved:goofy::goofy:

Many many thanks!!!!! 1'st CD burned and tested. We now have "Die Koelner Domglocken" on CD. The problem was that the menu choice in I-Tunes isn't shown until the pre-requisites are met. I would have provided the menu choice and then used dialog boxes to ask for the pre-reqs if they weren't met. The tutorial in the help menu was no help. I had to specifically search for "burn audio CD" to find it and then it was way way down the list.

I do have "Spin it gain" software but didn't have the adapters to get from the turntable line output into the computer and it doesn't look for USB input.

The software I'm using is EZ Vinyl Tape Converter. It came with the ION turn table. The audio comes out of the turn table in a USB cable.

Problem solved:goofy::goofy:

I have an ION Turntable connected to my computer via USB and use Spin It Again all the time. :dunno:

Glad you found a way to do it though.

I have an ION Turntable connected to my computer via USB and use Spin It Again all the time. :dunno:

Glad you found a way to do it though.

I'd like to experiment with it. The input selection drop down box only offered the sound card. I couldn't find any USB selection

I'd like to experiment with it. The input selection drop down box only offered the sound card. I couldn't find any USB selection

I'd have to check when I'm downstairs to see how mine is set up and get back to you.

You can do it with the current iTunes. Create a playlist.
Insert a disc in your drive (that supports writing).
Select the playlist and then File > Burn Playlist to Disc..
follow the prompts after that.

I'd have to check when I'm downstairs to see how mine is set up and get back to you.

Could be because I have the free download and not the paid version of "Spin it Again". Anyway, The ION turn table with the software they provided is now working since I've learned how.

Back