I started it!!

imQ

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Quentin
Last month I arranged for 10 or 12 of my son;s Venture scout group to make a trip to the Hinton OK airport for rides with the Soaring Sooners club. After being towed to 2000 agl and taking a quiet ride back down, all of the kids popped out of the glider with big smiles and a desire to go again soon.:yes:
Saturday night, the other Venture leader and I went for a night flight and we brought his son along to check out the lights with us. We returned earlier than I expected, so I gave the son a 15 minute ride in the front seat, with him following me on the controls.
Last night several of the scout's parents had dinner at a local mexican place and, I got an ear full from several parents concerned about their kids sudden desire to learn to fly...:yes: Landon, the boy I had with me Sat night, went to his mom (who hates flying) and announced his plan to start glider lessons this spring, because he'll be old enough by then.:D
Doing my best to spread the flying bug where I can!!!

When we're born, we have no known fears. These develop generally with help from our family and friends, but mostly our parents. I find it often enough that the parents do not like flying or "small planes are unsafe", so their children start acting that way.
When I was 10, I wish I was introduced to flying. It might have saved me years of needless worry and set me on an entirely new carreer.

The scout troop had a Christmas party last night and I had a slide show running on my laptop, plus pictures of the kids pre and post flight:) (for the parents)
The younger group (13 & under) wnated to know when it was their turn!:D

WooHoo. Quentin...now find some females to take flying so they will be Future Women Pilots (FWP). :D

My 12 y/o daughter has already made it known that she would prefer to have a licence to fly over a licence to drive.;) And heaven forbid I should fly some where without her. She'd practice her tae kwon do on me:D
I have the same offer out to the daughters Campfire troop as I have to the Boy Scouts, if I have an open seat, you're welcome to ride along.

Back