I sold the Toga

James_Dean

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Eggman
Well, I received an unsolicited offer for my airplane yesterday. A 1983 PA32-301 fixed gear Saratoga. Less than what I think it is "worth", but realistically it was a fair price. That plane has been part of my identity for nearly 10 years now and I will be terribly sorry to see it go. I bought it with 75 hours TT while working on my instrument. We did about 650 hours together with very few of those in the last two years.

What a great aircraft it has been for my family and I. It has taken me as far east as Atlanta, Denver to the west, Grand Forks to the north and San Antonio to the south. I've had it iced up enough to be descending at full power(instructor onboard while getting IR rating - not forecast and quite scary!) and once to 16,500 just because. In ten years I had to replace one jug, OH an oil cooler, replace an alternator, OH the mags, and replace one set of plugs. I replaced the interior myself and added a 530W, engine monitor, and clock. It only stranded me away from base once, and that was when the aforementioned oil cooler burst at altitude.

Now.... Anyone have a Seneca or Baron they're looking to part with? :yes:

Eggman

Attachments

• 4296N.jpg
    4296N.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 46
Eggman... Sounds like you are on track for the next step....

For me, at least, it is VERY hard to let go of a trusted friend /airplane.. They become part of the family after awhile..:sad:

Eggman... Sounds like you are on track for the next step....

For me, at least, it is VERY hard to let go of a trusted friend /airplane.. They become part of the family after awhile..:sad:

I just need more capability to do what I need to do legally and reliably. FIKI, more speed, and a second blower would be nice.

Congrats/condolences.

Weren't you looking at a Cheyenne at one point in time?

Congrats on the sale. There are a ton of Twins out there for not much money. not sure if it fits your bill but I do see a LOT of 310s listed. I've heard you can get bit with a bad one but Ted DuPuis is an owner and very knowlegeable and he might be able to lend some assistance.

Congrats/condolences.

Weren't you looking at a Cheyenne at one point in time?

The company is still looking a turbine power in the near future. However, unless I take an interim step and get more twin/retract time - insurance will be unobtanium. Dual paths for a few different reasons.

Doesn't Henning have a cherry 310 for sale? Or did he take it off the market?

Back