I should have started here first.....

bahama flier

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
bahama flier
Its been almost nine months since I have been to the Bahamas. Can't fly without a pilot with me because my medical is tied up in the FAA. I guess it will stay on someone's desk until the coffee break is over.

I have tried to find a pilot to fly with me and get a free ride to the Bahamas and stay at my place for a couple of days, but several said they would go, but always had something else to do when I was ready to go. I tried for over two months before Christmas nobody would go.

I posted on this site about my dilemma and several good pilots sent me notice they would go. Now I can't go for several weeks. The weather is bad in Fl and the Bahamas, a trip would just suck.

A special thanks to the pilots who offered to go with me, If the FAA continues to sit on their butts, I will have to call one of you.

I live in Deland Florida, and I can't legally fly to pick anyone up,, just another problem.

Still waiting on the FAA, Congress may have to settle this before the FAA does, not requiring a third class medical.

If any other pilots are near Deland and want to go, send me a message, I will try it in a couple of weeks. Thanks....

Back