I recommend stopping by Moultrie, Ga.

DMD3.

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
DMD3.
If you're ever in the south Georgia area and need to stop for fuel, I would land at Moultrie Municipal Airport.

Both Avgas and Jet A fuel were $4.15 the last time I was there, and while they don't have a burger joint or restraunt on the airport, they do have fresh baked cookies with a pot of coffee available to pilots who stop by.

You can also stop at Albany Ga (both FBOs are managed by the same person). Albany is a controlled airport and has a slightly longer runway, though they don't serve the cookies there.

Make the 6nm hop over to KMUL too and take the Maule factory tour :yes:

Cool airport, just make sure they don't have a AG expo going on at the time lol

Instead of Moultrie how about Spence (also near Moultrie) and do a tour of the Maule factory?

Make the 6nm hop over to KMUL too and take the Maule factory tour :yes:

Cool airport, just make sure they don't have a AG expo going on at the time lol

They have a Maule fly-in now every September. They started it back in 2013, so it's still kind of small. Hopefully more people will start showing up over the years. :)

Here again though, they don't sell fuel at that airports, so keep that in mind.

they do have fresh baked cookies with a pot of coffee

I use the Fresh Baked Cookies extortion routinely. "Atlantic? I was planning on coming in today.....but noticed on airnav that Signature has FBCs. Is that a service you offer? I would hate to see you lose out on my $12 avgas sale, all for the lack of an Otis Spunkmeyer". (Strangely, not too many have budged on this.)

Back